Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Young Girl's Cry

"Babies having babies"....I cringed as I heard those words echo from the pulpit. The undeniable truth was that this Sunday's topic was derived from my current situation. Ugh, how embarrassing! I felt the eyes glaring and saw the heads shaking back and forth as I dropped my head.

As I look back on that moment, I wonder how many other girls had a similar experience. Did we intentionally get pregnant to bring shame to our parents, our church, and ourselves?  Were we just some fass girls running around out there for no apparent reason? Did you even see me…no, the inner me? Did you see the nights I cried because I thought I wasn't pretty enough and the years of low self-esteem? Did you see the battles I fought in my mind trying to figure out why I didn't have a father in my life? Did you see that girl who was molested and was just searching for a way to deal with it?

Yes, the bible does say in 2 Thessalonians 3:14 " ..that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly....note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed". Nevertheless, it also says..."if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness;considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted". Galatians 6:1.

I am not justifying my actions nor the actions of those who've made similar mistakes. Sin is sin. However, I am saying that as a body, we have to get to the root of the problem. Many are dealing with strongholds, generational curses, and other inward issues that you may never see. We have to be slow to condemn and quick to restore.

To those who've faced what I've faced or who are dealing with it right now, this is NOT the end. Guess what, you have someone who loves you so much. He is our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ. What you've done doesn't dictate who you are. Where you are going is not predicated on where you came from. The word states, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17. You are the apple of God's eye. It doesn't matter what they call you. Just like God gave Saul and Jacob and new name, He can do the same for you!! I love you with the love of Christ, from one young girl to another.

Until next time....

6 comments:

  1. Amen Gina. I love the fact that you said, "We have to be slow to condemn and quick to restore." That is true in ever situation. Hate the sin but love the sinner. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing insight into a problem that permeates all levels of society. I love to read you writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not comment on the babies having babies other than it only makes life more challenging but not doable. And sometimes rather you old or young, some are not ready for the life changes a baby can bring.

    On the note about letting our past conform us...not! We are new creatures because we humble ourselves and accept the gift Christ gives us. We have a new walk, talk, and spirit and we should not let the "world" hold our past against us. When we accept Christ as our redeemer and accept he love, we shake off the past, its mistakes and its sins. We did not know. I am not saying we did not know right from wrong, but we did not know the Word. We have the blessings of the Lord who has saved us from ourselves basically. His blood washes us clean. We can now live right, but we seek the word and live by it. Live now...I am. Not I was or I will, but I am. No more tears for regrets, mistakes, sins, or shame. Cry tears of joy for being saved.

    ReplyDelete